Making a claim
We know that a death in the family is a very difficult time. So we'll make sure that making a claim with laya life is as straightforward as possible.
This is a list of the things we need to process a claim:
- The laya life policy details for the person who has died
- The original policy documents. If you don't have these documents readily to hand, just get in touch so we can verify the claim
- A certified copy* of the death certificate
- A certified copy* of the grant of probate or letters of administration. You can make a claim without these documents by completing section 4 of the claim form
- A certified copy* of the will, if the person who died made one
- Your bank details (IBAN and BIC) if you would like us to pay the claim directly into your account
- A utility bill or bank statement if the policyholder changed their address in the past 12 months. This will help us verify the address
* A certified copy is a copy of the original document that a solicitor, bank or financial institution, or a Garda station has stamped as being a true copy.
You can download claim forms here and send them to us at:
Eastgate Business Park
If you're unsure about any of these steps, please give us a call on 1890 907 100. We'll guide you through it. We're here for you.